Oatmeal Apple Butter Cookies
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup American Spoon® Apple Butter Add to Cart
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup American Spoon® Dried Red Tart Cherries, coarsely chopped Add to Cart
- American Spoon® Michigan Maple Cream for drizzlingAdd to Cart
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oats. Set aside.
- Put the butter and sugars in a large bowl and mix until combined with an electric mixer. Add the egg and apple butter and mix for another two to three minutes. Mix in the flour and oat mixture, then stir in the dried cherries by hand. The dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Drop the dough in rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing at least an inch apart. Bake until golden brown and just set, 12-15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle maple cream over cookies and let set. Once the maple cream has set, the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for three days.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Read more on our blog.
Print this recipe.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.