Lamb with Rosemary & Cherries
Print this recipe.
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, boned & cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 pound baby onions, peeled
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup American Spoon® Dried Red Tart Cherries – 6 oz Add to Shopping Cart
- Lightly flour lamb pieces, shaking off excess flour. Heat oil in large casserole or sauté pan. Sauté meat until it is browned on both sides. Remove meat and set aside in a large bowl. Put celery and onions in sauté pan and gently fry for 5 minutes. Add meat back in pan. Stir in chicken stock, water, 2 teaspoons of rosemary, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Put wine into a saucepan and simmer cherries and wine. Let cherries soak for 45 minutes, then strain. Add wine to the stew and reduce over high heat for 10 minutes to thicken broth. Add cherries. Serve hot over rice.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.