Cherry BBQ Roasted Chicken
- 1 jar American Spoon® Cherry BBQ Grilling Sauce Add to Shopping Cart
- 1 roasting chicken (4 – 6 lbs)
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ lengths
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2″ lengths
- 1/4 cup American Spoon® Dried Red Tart Cherries – 6 oz Add to Shopping Cart
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice
Print this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chicken, breast side up, into a large, glass baking dish. Rub with salt and pepper. Brush generously with Cherry BBQ Grilling Sauce.
- Arrange carrots, onions, celery and dried cherries around the base of the chicken. Add the water and place into the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours occasionally basting with more sauce.
- Remove chicken from roasting pan. Skim excess fat from the sauce remaining in the pan. Place the chicken on a large serving platter surrounded by the cooked rice, vegetables and sauce.
- Carve the chicken and serve immediately.
- Any extra sauce may be served in a gravy bowl.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.