Chicken Tacos with Cherry Peach Salsa
- For the chicken sauté:
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green or yellow pepper, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup American Spoon® Cherry Peach Salsa Add to Shopping Cart
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 12 small corn tacos
- For dressing the tacos:
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 radishes, sliced or shredded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup American Spoon® Cherry Peach Salsa Add to
- 1 lime
Print this recipe.
- Toss the lettuce, cabbage, radishes and fresh cilantro together in a salad bowl and set aside. Have the chopped avocado and the shredded cheese ready in small separate bowls.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and sauté in the oil until translucent or lightly browned. Add the minced jalapeño and the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté for several minutes. Add the green or yellow pepper and continue cooking until the chicken is browned and cooked through and the peppers have softened. Stir in the Cherry Peach Salsa and cook for one more minute. Turn off the heat and sprinkle the torn basil leaves into the mixture.
- Heat the corn tacos and use tongs to fill each with a layer of the warm sauté and then a layer of the cold shredded slaw, some cheese and avocados, a spritz of lime juice and finally another teaspoon of the Cherry Peach Salsa.
- Serves 4.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.