- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups day-old bread, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 jar American Spoon Fruit Perfect or Brandied Cherries
- powdered sugar for serving
- whipped cream for serving
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla, and spices. Stir the bread cubes into the mixture and set aside for 30 minutes so the bread can absorb the liquid.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish and transfer the bread mixture to the dish. Spoon the Fruit Perfect over the bread mixture and gently stir into the top of the custard. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the custard has set, about 15 more minutes. Serve with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
- 3. Variations: Stir a cup of chocolate chips, dried cherries, or chopped nuts into the bread mixture before turning it into the baking dish. Substitute maple syrup for the sugar. Drizzle the baked pudding with Maple Cream, Milk Caramel, or Chocolate Milk Caramel.