- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 healthy pinch of kosher salt
- 4 thick slices aged white Cheddar
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- ½ cup American Spoon Apple & Onion Jam
- 1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and cook, stirring often, until deeply caramelized, about 10 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and let cool. Mix the cooled onions, parsley, and salt into the ground chuck. Divide the mixture into fourths, and then form into loose patties, about 1-inch thick.
- 2. Heat a large grill or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season each side of the patties with salt and pepper. Pour a thin film of oil in the pan. When the oil just starts to smoke, add the burgers. For medium burgers, cook for three minutes, then flip, add the cheese, and cook for three minutes more.
- 3. While the burgers cook, lightly toast the buns. Smear the buns with about 2 tablespoons of Apple & Onion Jam and add the burgers and bacon. Serve with lettuce and pickles.