- FOR THE CRUST
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 4oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 extra large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp water, as needed
- FOR THE FILLING
- 3 jars Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- coarse flake sea salt, like Maldon brand
- 1. Place the sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat at medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour and salt. Continue to mix until all the flour is incorporated. If the dough is a touch dry, mix in the added water.
- 2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface to bring it together. Place dough between two pieces of wax paper and flatten into a disk. Refrigerate the dough until slightly firm, about 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, grease a 10-inch tart pan. Leaving the dough between the wax paper, roll into an 11-inch circle. Dust the dough with flour if sticking to the paper.
- 3. Transfer the dough to the greased tart pan. Using your fingers, build the crust up around the lip of the pan and fix any crack the may have formed. Place in freezer till dough firms up, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of parchment over dough and weigh with pie weights. Bake crust for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown throughout. Remove from oven and let cool before filling.
- 5. While the crust is cooling, place the Fudge Sauce in a sauce pot over high heat. Bring the fudge to a boil, and cook for 2 ½ minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the fudge from the heat and let cool slightly, still stirring, about another 2 minutes. Pour the fudge into the tart shell and allow to cool completely, at least 8 hours. Before serving, top with the chopped hazelnuts and sea salt.