- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 9x5 inch pound cake
- 2 jars Triple Berry Conserve
- 1. Pour the cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the whisk attachment, whip the cream on high until it reaches firm peaks. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the lemon zest and condensed milk into the whipped cream until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Cut the pound cake lengthwise into ¼ to ½ inch slices. Trim the slices to fit the loaf pan, leaving the pieces just short of the pan walls.
- 3. To build the cake, line the inside of a 9x5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, making sure there is plenty of excess hanging over all sides. Spread ½ to 2/3 cup of the whipped cream in the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible, then drizzle three or four tablespoons of the Triple Berry Conserve on the cream layer. Place a slice of pound cake over top, pressing it gently into the lower layers. Continue repeating these steps until the pan is full, making sure the top layer is the whipped cream mixture, then fold the excess plastic wrap over top. Place in freezer for at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- 4. To serve, peel back the plastic wrap from the top of the cake, then invert onto a plate or cake stand. Remove the remaining plastic wrap, slice and serve with more Triple Berry Conserve.