- zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 6 chunks
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar American Spoon Sour Cherry Preserves
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9″ round tart pan.
- 2. Place the lemon zest, almonds, and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in the work bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground. Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until small clumps begin to form.
- 3. Turn the dough into the pan and pat into place with your hands. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 4. Bake the crust in the center of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the edges turn golden and the center just begins to color.
- 5. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the heat up to 500 degrees. Spread the preserves over the tart shell, being careful not to crumble the crust. Immediately return the pan to the oven (don’t wait for it to reach 500 degrees) and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the preserves are bubbly.