- 2/3 cup butter
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 jar your favorite American Spoon Preserves
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until softened. Add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and half the flour. Beat until thoroughly combined, then beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill for one hour.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. Slightly beat egg whites. Finely chop nuts. Form dough into 1″ balls. Roll each ball in egg whites, then in the chopped nuts. Arrange 1″ apart on cookie sheet. With your thumb, make an indentation in each cookie.
- 4. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Fill the centers with your favorite flavors of American Spoon Preserves.