- FOR THE CRUST
- 1¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- FOR THE FILLING
- 2 jars American Spoon Lemon Curd
- 1 teaspoon cornstartch
- 1 tablespoon water
- powdered sugar to finish, optional
- 1. Place the flour, sugar, salt and butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla, and water, then add to flour-butter mixture. Pulse the mixture until the dough begins to form into clumps, about 5-10 seconds.
- 2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it just comes together. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. On a well-floured surface, roll the dough into a disk, about ¼ inch thick. Transfer to a 9-inch tart pan. Using your fingers, build the crust up around the side of the pan and fix any cracks that formed transferring the dough. Place in freezer to chill crust, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of parchment over crust and weigh with pie weights. Bake crust for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown throughout. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 4. While the crust is cooling, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Place the lemon curd into a heavy-bottomed pot. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the curd. Place over medium-low heat and, while stirring constantly, cook to just under a boil, about 195-200 degrees. Immediately pour into tart crust. Allow the tart to cool completely then dust with powdered sugar and serve.