- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch dice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle or cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with 1” water and add a large pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain into a colander and shake dry. Let cool slightly.
- 2. Pass cooked sweet potatoes through a ricer or food mill into saucepan. Place back on stove over low heat and whisk in the additional ingredients; potatoes should be light and fluffy. Taste for seasoning and serve.