- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup American Spoon Apple Butter
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup American Spoon Dried Red Tart Cherries, coarsely chopped
- American Spoon Michigan Maple Cream for drizzling
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oats. Set aside.
- 2. In a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and apple butter and mix for another two to three minutes. Mix in the flour and oat mixture, then stir in the dried cherries by hand. The dough will be somewhat sticky.
- 3. Drop the dough in rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing at least an inch apart. Bake until golden brown and just set, 12-15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Drizzle maple cream over cookies and let set. Once the maple cream has set, the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for three days.