- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 1 large butternut squash, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 jars American Spoon® Portobello Mushroom Relish
- ¾ cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- chopped fresh parsley and chives to finish
- olive oil as needed
- 1. On a floured work surface, roll the puff pastry into 1/8 inch thickness, then trim the sides so it is roughly 9×10 inches. Continue with the second piece of dough. Transfer to a baking sheet and prick the dough all over with a fork, leaving a ¼ inch border. Bake in a 400 degree oven until golden, about 15-20 minutes; pierce with a fork if it puffs during baking. Let cool.
- 2. For the squash, heat a large sauté pan with splash of olive oil over high heat. Add the diced butternut and sauté until lightly colored and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Let cool. In a separate pan, add the two jars of Portobello Mushroom Relish and cook over medium heat, until all the liquid is reduced and the mushrooms have a jammy consistency, 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. For the sauce, mix the crème fraiche, eggs, lemon zest, thyme, salt, and half of the grated cheese. Split the sauce between the two tart shells and spread on the pastry inside the crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and top with the Portobello Mushroom Relish, the roasted squash and the remaining cup of cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, remove from oven and top with the chopped herbs; cut and serve.