- FOR THE CRUST
- 1¾ cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 12 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 1½ pounds cream cheese, softened
- 2 jars Maple Pumpkin Caramel
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Chopped hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- 1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Line the inside bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, then wrap the outside of the pan with foil. Add the graham cracker mixture to the pan and press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oven to 350°F. Place the cream cheese, 1½ jars of Maple Pumpkin Caramel (reserve the remaining to garnish the cake), and sour cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, mix at medium-low speed until smooth and thoroughly combined. Mix in the eggs and egg yolk.
- 3. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet, then pour the filling into the pan. Place the pan in the oven, then pour boiling water into the cookie sheet until it’s ½“ deep, making sure the water level is below the foil wrapped around the the pan. Bake until the center is just set, about 60-70 minutes.
- 4. Using a small, sharp knife, run the blade around the inside of the pan to loosen the crust. Cool the cheesecake at room temperature for at least 1 hour, the cover and chill in refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight.
- 5. Once the cake has chilled, remove from the pan. Warm the remaining Maple Pumpkin Caramel over low heat in a small saucepan until the caramel has softened and is fluid. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, making sure the layer is even. Garnish with hazelnuts, if desired, and serve.