- 1 medium peeled eggplant & cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2-3 pounds fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved and each half quartered (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ jar American Spoon Pumpkin Chipotle Roasting Sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place cut vegetables into a large roasting pan. Toss them in the olive oil and thyme leaves until well coated. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2. Roast vegetables for about 25 minutes or until eggplant and other vegetables are nicely browned. After the first 10–12 minutes of roasting, turn the vegetables over in the pan with a pair of tongs to facilitate even browning.
- 3. Serve topped with 1–2 tablespoons Pumpkin Chipotle Roasting Sauce, 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon pine nuts, and some of the torn basil leaves. Also makes a delicious meal over pasta.