- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾-1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 jar American Spoon Fruit Perfect Strawberries and Rhubarb
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and cut it into the flour mixture until you have a coarse meal. Gently mix in the buttermilk until just combined. This is a very moist dough, so if it appears on the dry side, add a little more buttermilk.
- 2. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and gently press out to about ½” thick. Fold the dough in half and gently press out again to ½” thickness. Repeat this process once more, pressing the dough to ¾ to 1″ thick, then cut with a 2½” round biscuit cutter. To ensure a tender biscuit, be gentle with the dough and don’t over work it.
- 3. Place biscuits, touching each other, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- 4. While the biscuits bake, make the whipped cream. Place the heavy cream in a large metal bowl and whip with a whisk until soft peaks have formed. Add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar and continue to beat until the cream is stiff.
- 5. To serve, split the biscuits in half, fill with Fruit Perfect Strawberries & Rhubarb, and top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.