- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar American Spoon Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour and salt and with the mixer running on low speed, add the flour mixture ½ cup at a time. Remove the cookie dough from the mixer and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes with a cookie cutter. Using a spatula, transfer the cut-out cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Space cookies 1 inch apart on baking sheet and bake about 12-15 minutes until pale golden, rotating sheet halfway through. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 3. Spread about a teaspoon of Chocolate Fudge Sauce over the bottom of half the cooled cookies. Top with the remaining cookies to make sandwich cookies.