- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 jars American Spoon Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and the 1⁄3 cup sugar. Mix well until the butter is incorporated. Place the mixture into a 9-inch pie tin and, using the flat bottom of a measuring cup, press into bottom and sides of pan. Bake crust at 375 degrees until it is deep golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2. While the crust is cooling, spoon the Chocolate Fudge Sauce into a small sauce pot. Bring the sauce to a boil over high heat and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into baked crust. Let the chocolate cool completely, about 3 hours, at room temperature.
- 3. To make the meringue, place the ½ cup of sugar and water in a small sauce pot and heat to 240-250 degrees. While the sugar syrup is cooking, place the egg whites and the cream of tartar in a stand mixer. Whip the egg whites until the foam holds a soft peak when the whisk is removed. With the whisk running on medium-low speed, slowly pour in the hot sugar syrup. Increase the speed to high and continue to whisk the meringue until it holds a firm peak, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to low, and whip until the meringue is cool.
- 4. Top the pie with the meringue and, if desired, caramelize the meringue with a kitchen torch.