- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 slabs pork spareribs or 4 slabs pork baby back ribs
- 1 jar Cherry BBQ Grilling Sauce
- 1. Combine the salt, sugar, and spices in a small bowl.
- 2. Remove the thin membrane attached to the bone side of the rib racks. Place the racks bone-side up, then starting at either end of the rack, use a small knife to loosen the membrane from the end rib bone. Grab the loosened membrane and pull towards the opposite end of the rack to remove it.
- 3. Pat the ribs dry and sprinkle them with the spice mix. Wrap each rack in a double layer of aluminum foil.
- 4. Heat oven to 325. Place wrapped ribs on a baking sheet and cook till the meat is very tender, about 2 hours for baby back and 3 hours for spare ribs. Unwrap and let cool completely. This step can be done up to three days ahead of finishing on the grill, just rewrap and refrigerate.
- 5. Build a medium-hot fire in your charcoal grill, or heat your gas grill to high. When grill is ready, cook ribs, turning frequently and basting with Cherry BBQ Grilling Sauce. Keep turning and basting until the racks are well-lacquered with sauce and begin to char in spots, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with additional sauce.